Frequently Asked Questions
Please download our
information sheet. In addition, here is a list of things we are
frequently asked. If you can't find the answer you need here please send an
- Q What is the best way to contact the Hall management committee ?
- A Please use the general enquiry form on the home page of the web
- Q Do you have crockery & cutlery ?
- A As a service to our hall users we try to ensure 60 place settings
are available in the kitchen - there may be more, but no promises. If you need more than this, or want fully
matching place settings for a dinner, you can hire our brand new white
tableware (up to 150 place settings) for £7.50 per 30 place settings. In
addition cups and saucers are available at £3.00 per 30 place settings.
Breakages are charged at £2.50 per item.
- Q What about glasses ?
- A No, you will have to hire these yourself.
- Q I would like to have a bar for my function.
- A We have a Premises Licence that will allow you to sell alcohol at your
event, subject to normal licensing regulations. It is essential to discuss
your requirements with our Designated Premises Supervisor at the time of
booking and complete the application form.
- Q Do you have a specific area for bar facilities?
- A Yes, the Snug (adjoining the kitchen) is designed to be used as a bar.
The Small Hall also has a small bar area. The extent of the Premises Licence
can be clearly seen on the
Hall Plan and alcohol must not be sold outside that area.
- Q What are the components of your PA system?
- A We have a Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro 16-channel mixing desk driving two Mackie powered speakers,
and providing a feed to the Hearing Loop system. We can provide microphones and stand.
Mike Rippon for further details.
- Q Do you have stage lighting?
- A Yes, there is comprehensive stage lighting and a Zero 88 control desk, but it is vital that you discuss
your requirements with
Rippon at the time of booking if you want to make use of it.
Q We would like more subdued lighting for our event, is this possible?
- A The uplighters on the sides of the hall produce a more 'cosy'
effect. Each of them can be individually dimmed to create the effect you
Q We would like to use the stage for seating, how can we make it safe?
- A There are safety rails that can be fitted to the front of the stage.
- Q Do you have an Access Statement?
- A Yes, it can be
- Q Where can I find your Health and Safety Policy?
- A It is available for viewing
- Q Where can I find your Fire Risk Assessment?
- A It is available for viewing
- Q What steps do you take to keep the Hall free of pests?
- A Environmental Services Ltd. in Biddisham provide a routine inspection and control regime.
- Q What parking is available?
- A The adjoining hall car park can accommodate 12 cars. It includes a
space reserved for disabled drivers. Overflow parking is available in the Wedmore free car park which is clearly signposted from Cheddar Road.
- Q What is the latest time we can leave the hall?
- A On Fridays and Saturdays all music must be finished by 23:30 & the
hall vacated by midnight. The times are different on other days.
- Q What is the Hall Committee doing about recycling waste?
- A The committee encourages hall users to separate their waste and
dispose of at the recycling bank at the Recreation Ground on Blackford
- Q I wear a hearing aid, do you have a loop system?
- A Yes, the hall has an Induction Hearing Loop system which is fed from the public address system -
stage microphones are installed but we recommend that Hall users discuss
with us their exact requirements. We will do our best to help.